The first snow fall for 2016 has finally come, and what better way to warm the heart, the stomach and the family on such cold freezing temperatures than hot soup.
This recipe is not a family recipe. I just picked it up from somewhere. But definitely I know it is Asian because it has lemon grass and ginger.
I thought I might share this with you because it is so simple to do. Here at Dads Home Cooked Meals (Lutong Bahay, Lutong Tatay), the simpler the meal the better.
So here we go!
- Chicken broth
- Lemon grass, 1 stalk
- Fresh ginger, 6-8 slices
- Boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- Sliced mushrooms
- Green peas, 1 cup
- Fish sauce (patis), 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar, 1 tbsp
- Red curry paste, 1 tsp
- Coconut milk, 1 can (400 ml)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, 1/2 cup
- Lime juice, 2 tbsp
1. In a pot, boil chicken broth, lemon grass and fresh ginger.
2. When the chicken broth is boiling, lower the heat. Add the chicken, mushrooms, and peas.
3. While waiting for the chicken to cook, whisk together the fish sauce, brown sugar, red curry paste. Pour the mixture into the broth.
4. Add in the coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the lemon grass and the ginger.
6. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice.Simmer for another 3-5 minutes then serve.
Simple to make Chicken and Coconut Milk Soup. Serve and enjoy with the family!
I hope you enjoy making this dish!