Here in North America school starts in September which means fall is just around the corner. This year fall officially begins September 22. School days start at 8:30 AM. If you need to prepare an easy no hassle breakfast, you can cook up this corned beef breakfast.
This is a recipe prepared by my father when we still young growing up in Marikina.
This is a very simple recipe. The ingredients are as follows:
- Canned corned beef (the number of cans depends on how many you are cooking for)
- Potatoes (for 1 can of corned beef, 2 – 3 medium sized potatoes will do)
- 1 pc of onion
- Dice and chop the onion.
- In a deep pan, heat water. Add the potatoes and onions. I did not remove the potato skin because of its nutritional value. Read further: https://www.sharecare.com/health/health-value-of-foods/what-nutritional-benefits-potato-skins
- When the potatoes and onions are starting to soften, add the corned beef.
- Mix it up a bit and cover the skillet. Always remember to cover the skillet or pan so that the corned beef will not dry out and burn.
- After 10 minutes,it is ready to serve.