For a lot of people, Christmas is the most awaited time of the year. Both for children and grown-ups, the thought of receiving a present or maybe giving a present to someone special aside from family makes this a very special time of the year.
I remember the Misa de Gallo that begins on December 16. A nine-day novena for those who have Christmas wishes that they want to come true. The puto-bumbong and bibingka that are sold outside the church together with dancing lights of the parol bring the festive mood to the Christmas season.
In our family Chicken Macaroni Salad together with the Christmas ham is a staple in our noche buena feast.
In this blog, let me share with you our family’s recipe for the chicken macaroni salad. It is very simple to make.
1 kl Boneless Chicken Breast
2 cups mayonnaise
1 300 ml condensed milk
2 398 ml pineapple tidbits
1 1/2 cups seedless raisins
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup pickle relish
1 900 gram elbow macaroni (cooked according to package instructions)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Boil the chicken breast for 15 – 20 minutes or until the chicken breast is not pink. Set aside to cool. Once cool, mince the chicken breast.
2. Cook the elbow macaroni according to package instruction using the chicken broth. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
3. Put all the ingredients together in a mixing container. Add the minced chicken breast. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add the cooked elbow macaroni, condensed milk and mayonnaise. Add a little salt and pepper. Again, mix thoroughly.
5. Cool for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
6. Serve. Enjoy!
I hope this also becomes a family favorite, too! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Watch the video: