Grilled cheese sandwich
When I much much younger and I still in living in Marikina, there is this meal that my friends talk about but I could never relate to. In their conversations they will share their experiences of going to Club Filipino on the weekend and ordering Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
My father never made grilled cheese sandwich. I don’t know why. And never did I, when I was still in Manila. In my mind making a grilled cheese sandwich can be messy, just imagine the cheese melting all over the grill not to mention cleaning the mess after grilling.
But, I was wrong. Making a grilled cheese sandwich is not that messy and not that difficult.
When we first moved to Toronto, there was really not too many food options and not because there weren’t any but because we haven’t explored the new world, our new community.
The challenge for my family and myself was to explore and to learn. And this we did. One of the new recipes that I learned was grilled cheese sandwich. It is very easy to do. It is great for merienda or snacks for the kids.
Subukan natin! Luto na!
Sliced or grated cheese
Any sliced deli meat
Butter or margarine
- Heat the grill.
- Spread butter on the outer sides of the sandwich.
- Place a slice or two of deli meat on the inner side of the sandwich.
- On top of the deli meat, place the slice of cheese of grated cheese.
- Place the other slice of bread on the layered piece, buttered-side out.
- Place the sandwich on the grill. It will probably take 3 minutes to brown one side.
- After three minutes, turn the sandwich over to grill the other side.
- After three minutes, place the grilled cheese on a plate and serve.
Enjoy! Simple and easy!