Brownie Frosting and Fudge Brownies
Meeting new friends is a wonderful experience. I learn many new things from them, and this recipe is one them.
This recipe is from a friend from St. Michael’s Cathedral Basilica. He loves to bake. He shared this recipe with me so I can make it for my family.
I am not much of a baker. I can only go as far as baked lasagna and baked macaroni. Baking is a new experience, and is worth learning. Like meeting new friends, baking has become a wonderful experience.
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- Cream butter/margarine, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Add confectioners’ sugar and milk.
- Beat to spreading consistency.
PERFECT FUDGE BROWNIES
- Melt butter and chocolate over very low heat; cool.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add sugar to eggs, mix thoroughly.
- Add vanilla and cooled chocolate mixture, blend well.
- Add flour mixture. Mix well.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Pour in 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan at 375 degrees F at 15 minutes.
- When cooled, spread the Brownie Frosting on top of the Fudge Brownies.